Experienced A Chipped Tooth?


You’ve happily chomped on a hard piece of food and all of a sudden you have the shocking realisation that you have in fact, chipped your tooth.

So now you’re thinking what to do next…

In today’s blog, we’re addressing what you should do when you have chipped your tooth.

It’s very hard to tell just how much damage there is without some professional help, so please call us at Moss Vale Dental straight away on 4869 3111. We leave space for people who have unexpected problems and we prefer to see you immediately, even if it’s only to give you some reassurance that everything will be OK.

Of course, until we can visualise the problem, we can’t be sure it isn’t a serious problem, so it’s bets to get it checked as soon as possible.

If a large piece of your tooth breaks off or the tooth has a lot of decay, you may need to have the tooth restored. If it’s a smaller problem, you may just need it smoothed, or a small filling.

Most fractured teeth require some sort of assessment, and after this is done for you, you may find you need some treatment. Ceramic on-lays are often best for back teeth; bonded tooth-coloured resin can be used very successfully for front teeth.

This is a discussion to have with your dentist.

Aside from this, if you’re also having pain and you can take ibuprofen, try and over-the-counter analgesic like Nuromol or a paracetamol tablet.

If you or someone you know has chipped their tooth, please call our wonderful Moss Vale Dental receptionist Shelly on 4869 3111 to make an appointment.




57-59 Elizabeth Street

Moss Vale NSW 2577

02 4869 3111

Call us today!

Opening Hours

Mon - Fri: 8:30 - 17:30

Book Appointment