With Halloween just around the corner (I know we live in Australia) here are some tips to help prevent dental decay
- Choose carefully – avoid sticky lollies that cling to teeth or hard lollies that stay in your mouth for a long time.
- Water – drink plenty of fluoridated water especially straight after eating lollies also avoid high sugary drinks.
- Gum – Consider chewing a sugar free gum to increase saliva production which can help prevent tooth decay. Also eating lollies after a meal has the same effect on stimulation of salvia.
- Tooth care – Maintain your good oral hygiene by brushing twice a day with a fluoridated toothpaste and flossing daily.
- Dentist – Don’t forget to visit your dentist for regular check ups.
But most of all have fun indulging in our North American influence excuse for a party!!!!